Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Cancer Monster

I did not want this to be a "cancer blog". The last thing I wanted to do is write everyday about a horrible disease that doesn't deserve the time or energy of anyone's life. But even if I could try not to think about how it has affected my body and mind, it persists in taking people I care about. So I end up thinking about it and writing about it much more often then I would like.

Today was my cousin's funeral. I wrote about her on Friday. This morning I found out that someone I have gotten to know over the last couple years, passed away on Saturday. I hadn't talked to her in a few weeks and I did not know her cancer had even come back.

I know there are many forms of cancer and the prognosis is different for each person, but boy I haven't heard too many people beating this disease lately. I can't say I am worried, I have learned worrying and losing sleep doesn't change anything. But the doctors are big about telling you between check-ups to go and live your life. It is a lot easier said than done when a person is reminded on a constant basis.


I do have a few people I know who have succeeded in beating this disease, but not many and not lately.


Well tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I will be writing a more upbeat post:)

No comments: