Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Grocery Savings

This week I went to 3 different grocery stores. Here is what I did............



This is what I purchased at Safeway. A few things were not on sale but were needed. To pay regular price would of been $46.15, I paid $30.90. I saved 33%.


This is what I bought at Roths. They were having a meat sale so I bought 2 pkg of steak, 2pkg of salmon burgers, and 1 pkg of chicken nuggets. The ice cream was also a good price. On the right it is hard to see but there is 2 loafs of their fresh baked english muffin bread and various produce. To pay regular price it would of been $59.58. I paid $36.67. That is around 40% savings.

But the really good deal was at Albertsons this week...............

This is what I bought. 5 boxes of life cereal, 5 boxes of life with Cinnamon cereal, 5 boxes of Capn Crunch, 5 boxes of flavored instant oatmeal, 5 boxes of granola bars, 2 pkg of hot dogs, cilantro, and cucumbers. Regular price is $111.30. I paid $30.23. That is over 70% savings.
So here is the total. I bought $217.03 worth of groceries. I paid 97.80. I saved over 55%. Had I not needed a few things not on sale, I would probably of been closer to my 60% savings goal. Oh well better luck next time. But I did do well and my son and daughter are loaded up with their favorite cereals:)

No comments: