Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Home from the Hospital


Well now I did it. I had to be admitted into the hospital on Thursday and just got home today. When I say I have "digestion" issues, I wasn't kidding. Now, because of the damage they found, I have to be on a very restrictive diet probably for the rest of my life. In the big scope of things, I know that it is a relatively small price to pay for being alive but it still makes me sad.

This was a big wake up call to pay attention to everything that goes in my mouth. I was in a lot of pain and had to undergo several unpleasant tests. I am lucky they did not have to do another big surgery although I am not out of the woods for surgery in the future. Still, as lucky as I know I am and thankful that mine and others prayers were answered, I can't bring myself to feel happy or joyful. Instead I am just tired, frustrated, and thankful to be alive. So to anyone who reads this and to God who created me.......Thank you.

No comments: