Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Monday, April 26, 2010

No TV-Day 4 Sunday

HERE FISHY, FISHY, FISHY........................

So we heard conflicting reports on whether they stocked the local reservoir down the road from us. Well, I am pretty sure they did not. We got skunked. But so did everyone else at the lake, so will try again later in the week.

We got out a little late, about 8:00


Oregon ducks, Not the college team but the original. Couldn't get a closer picture unfortunately.


LL yelling at me to quit taking a picture of him. Isn't that sweet:)



Now you might ask why I am wearing that ridiculous hat. Well I don't rightly know. All I do know is that my Grandma, who was the best fisherman I know, always wore a straw hat while fishing. Now days I could just wear sunscreen but in honor of my Grandma Agnes, who has been gone for 34 years, I wear this ridiculous hat.

Came home after a couple hours. I made french toast and bacon. LL did yard work and I wandered around having a hard time focusing on anything. I wasn't feeling well. Anyway, went and visited my mom, went for a walk, came home and put the wicker furniture that was painted the day before back on the balcony.




We took son M. on a car ride scoping out camping sites. Came home and made a dinner of Tilapia and rice. Read and went to bed early.

Weekends are definitely more of a challenge without TV, but I made it through the first weekend. Back to the weekday routine:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma would be so proud, she would be pissed you got skunked, she of course would think 8:00 was too late to start fishing... Loved the hat... I don't know how the fish could resist you.... Love Karen