Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Princess and my Frog

I love blogging on Saturdays. Sometimes I skip writing anything, and sometimes I post several times in one day. Well here I have been up for only a few minutes and I am writing away.

I have talked about my "princess" status with hubby. It is his pet name for me when he thinks I am spoiled. I wear it like a badge of honor. But somehow my badge or tiara must be tarnished because I'm not feeling the worshiping on my husbands part.

Well it all started when I woke up about 5:15 this morning. I know. It is Saturday, but some princesses start their day early. After laying, lying ? seriously need to go back to school, anyway, while reclining:) in bed for a few minutes LL moves. Ah HA! "did you set up the coffee" I ask. He says a quick "no". He goes back to sleep. I make my first attempt to get up. My abdomen is pretty painful so I lay back down. What to do, what to do? I do what every good wife who's husband is tired from a long week and wants to sleep in does. I sigh loud. I groan from being in sooooo much pain.............nothing. I do the very loud clearing of the voice and coughing. I rub his back lightly, (he is ticklish and this sometimes works)..............still nothing. I accidentally fling my arm and my hand accidentally hits his back............What is wrong with him? I have done all the tricks the princess school taught me. By now I am hurting for some coffee.

This is about the time you are thinking, "don't they have a timer on this coffee pot?" Well thank you for sharing and yes the coffee pot has a timer on it. And No! we do not know how to set the timer. Oh I am sure we could figure it out but really! What would I have to write about almost every other Saturday. So I take a deep breath, get myself up. My abdomen usually follows along after a minute or two. I make the coffee. I go lay, lie, lye, I recline:) back down in bed. Now he is awake. He says something to me like "What are you doing up?". And with total seriousness I say. "I don't know what the h*&^ good you are to me". And then wait patiently for my coffee.

You might have noticed by now that I have a serious caffeine problem. I have no intention of "dealing" with it.

1 comment:

Anke said...

Oh my, your hubby is a lot more patient then mine. He'd have a gigantic fit if I tried to wake him up so I could get my caffeine fix...
Hope your abdomen will feel better soon. I had surgery about two weeks ago and the first few days I needed help to get in and out of bed.