Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Lazy Mind

You might have noticed that this week I have been just blogging about my chores and activities.  It is not because of lack of material.  I could blog on the rough week Max has had, or my feelings of horror about the fiasco from the church in Florida threatening to burn the Quran, or the natural gas explosion near San Francisco, or the 8th birthday of Kyron Horman who has been missing since June.  But all these topics require deeper thinking then I am capable or maybe just willing to do right now.  My brain feels very slow and mushy this last week.  Can't blame it on lack of sleep or lots of pain.  Neither are a factor.  I guess I am just lazy in body but also mind right now.

So I will continue for a couple more days just blogging a bit about nothing.  Yesterday, I got almost nothing done on my list down below.  I kept busy, but have very little to show for it.  I did make a new recipe for dinner last night.  It must of turned out good because LL is not a fan of chicken, but asked for leftovers to be put in his lunch today.  Here is what I did.

Chicken in Applesauce
  Brown 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts.  Salt and pepper them before browning.
  Cut chicken in 1 inch cubes, put in crock pot.
  Mix 2cups Applesauce, 1/4cup BBQ sauce, 2Tablespoons honey, a splash of lemon juice. (a little poultry seasoning was in recipe, I didn't have any) 
  Pour on chicken and mix.
  Cook for 2hrs high, or 5hrs low in crock pot.
  Serve over rice or noodles.  I chose rice.

Today, I will still probably ignore some of my list.  I guess I am hoping for some help from B. over the weekend on a couple tasks:)  I have the rest of apples to take care of.  I set aside the biggest to make an apple pie.  I want to make my mom's crust before too much time goes by.  So I hope my neighbor is hungry.  I am sure I will find other mindless busy work to do today, see I am not totally lazy, just not very productive.

1 comment:

angela said...

We are human beings, not human doings.
sometime we just have to be!