Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Letters to Juliet

This evening, I decided to rent a pay-per-view movie.  My choice was Letters to Juliet.  It was highly recommended to me and since I was in a mood for a chick flick.  I decided to give it a try.

My thoughts on the movie are a bit mixed.  It takes place in Italy.  I almost always enjoy a movie that takes place in Italy, Spain, Greece or France.  I love the scenery in movies such as Under the Tuscan Sun, Eat Pray Love, Mama Mia, French Kiss, the list is almost endless.  Letters to Juliet did not disappoint when it came to the beautiful setting.  For this reason alone I think it is worth watching.  I also enjoy almost anything Vanessa Redgrave is in.  As usual, she gives the best performance of anyone in the cast.  Amanda Seyfried was also very good as the main character Sophie.  I have liked Amanda's work in Big Love and she did a nice job in Mama Mia.  In fact, all the women in the movie do a great job.

Where I had a problem is with the two main male characters, or I should say the actors that played them.  Victor, Sophie's fiance, does an OK job.  Nothing to write home about.  But the biggest disappointment is with the actor who played Charlie, the man Sophie starts to fall for.  I found myself almost embarrassed at times with his acting.  But to be fair, he might of done a better job with better writing.  The movie is very predictable, with lines that at times just are poorly written.

The bottom line is I found the movie worth watching once because of the beautiful setting and all the women in the movie.  But I would not buy the DVD or watch it again.  If I were to rate it 1 to 4 stars.  I would give it 2 stars.   So there you go.  A movie review by Konnie:)

No comments: