Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

David, You Are Not Nuts

David, you are not nuts about this at least.

I had lunch with my mom and siblings yesterday.  David arrived a little late and shortly after he sat down, he said "have you ever had a song in your mind you can't get rid of".  Well I asked what song and he started singing it.  I looked at him like he was nuts.  I said I have no clue what you are singing.  Then it was everyone else's turn to look at me like I was nuts.  Even Mom and Doug, who I never think of as music buffs looked at me like I had a screw loose.  Then a couple other people start singing it.  Still, I am stumped. 

The thing is.  I am the music trivia buff.  I can't remember what I did yesterday, but I remember every song I have ever heard and usually know who, what, when, about the song.  It is MY thing.  I still don't believe I have ever heard this song in my life.  Kris said, "you will probably go home and look it up".  Yes, she knows me well. 

So the song I have NEVER heard, (really guys) is playing  and of course it was not enough for me to just hear it.  Here is a little about the recording.

The Unicorn was recorded in 1968 by a Canadian band called The Irish Rovers.  The song is from a poem written by Shel Silverstein and to my horror, reached #7 in the US. 

First off, I am a little embarrassed that a song this big wasn't in my memory bank, and second, did the US lose all sense of taste in 1968.  I mean.  yuk.

So here you go Dave.  Listen till you heart's content.

No comments: