Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Favorite type of Sunday

Well almost.  My very favorite Sunday's is when we are RVing, but I love Sundays like yesterday.  All three kids hanging out. Rarity.  and all three kids getting along and working together.  Rarity!!  Went simple but yummy for Sunday dinner.  We had Taco Soup with lots of condiments and my homemade sweet corn bread.
Crumbled taco chips, cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced onions and green chilies for on top

Nothing is as good on a rainy fall day like soup

I use to buy mixes for my corn bread but since I eat much less processed food now, I always make it from scratch.  LL and like our cornbread a little sweet and with cake texture like what you might get at Marie Calendar's restaurant.  This is the very best recipe I have found.

Sweet Corn Bread
Combine dry ingredients
1 1/2 C flour
2/3 C Sugar
1/2 C yellow corn meal
1Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
In another bowl combine
1 1/4 milk
2 large eggs
1/3 C vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine melted
Combine the two together.  Do not over mix.  Bake in a 8 inch square pan at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

Had a glass of this wine with dinner.  I can't drink red wines much anymore.  Bothers me, but at a wine tasting at World Market last week, I tried this wine and  it was very good and under $10.  Doesn't bother me also.  It is 2008 Gnarly Head Zindfidel.

With all the left overs from the weekend, I packed LL's lunch.  Didn't do a cute bento from it but am planning to get back to that soon.  Taco soup, cornbread, pot stickers and rice.  And I now have this..............
to put it in.  If you have been reading my blog awhile, you remember the last lunch box I bought for him.  Guess it looked a little girly.  Been shopping for awhile for the right size and color.  Found it at target on Saturday, so now I can be assured not to confuse his lunch with the sack with my soiled diaper in it:)

I love when my girl gets a bee in her bonnet.  When we put our hard wood floors in 6  yrs ago, the installer said if you want to do yourself a favor, remove your area rug before summer and move furniture around.  Most people have to refinish the floors, not because they fade, but because they fade unevenly.  So around May every year, I remove our rug and it does keep the living room cooler anyway.  Usually around Oct. 1st, I put the rug back in after deep cleaning the living room.  Well I am a bit behind schedule, so Bailey, taking advantage of her brothers being around to help move furniture, deep cleaned living room, moved furniture around, cleaned rug, and put it all back together.  Man, I love having a daughter.

Here is the sorry rug before she cleaned it

She hates her picture taken.  Takes after her God mom Kris.  but got this of her finishing up the rug.

She arranged the furniture different than I usually do.  She has a much better eye, and I really like it.

LL needs to fix the rocker to replace the electric recliner I use after surgery.  It will go between the recliner and sofa.

We had monsoon like rain here this morning.  Although my small run for the chickens is covered, there was no protecting their feed from the rains.  Had to throw the whole feeders worth out.  Until we figure out how to protect the feeder better, I will only put 2 days feed out at a time.

****Big Day for tomorrow.  Tuesday, October 26**  Be sure to check back then to find out why it is one of the greatest days of my life.

No comments: