Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Feeling Bad

I know Facebook is not the best way to keep in touch with friends.  But when you are an Involuntary Hermit, it is one place to keep in touch with the outside world.

Today, while taking it easy, I have been on FB more than usual.  Have seen some more ugly stuff about the "evils" of Muslim.  I am a dedicated, proud Christian.  But sometimes I just think some people of my faith are ugly and hateful.  People I love. 

Christ showed so much patience for the unbeliever.  He never showed a force for those who were "lost" .  He only showed impatience for those who knew better.  The believers doing wrong. 

People I love, people I admire, mostly family are still seeing Muslim and Islam as the big evil.  I would agree, because I am a christian, that Islam is not best.  Christ is best.  OK,  I said it.  But to alienate non believers with very bad stereotypes is not Christ like.  I will never believe that spreading His word, requires jokes, and making people feel foolish and unloved.  I believe Christ expects better of us.  Love.  Yes it might seem immature to those who might think differently than me.  But Love really is the answer.  Make fun of John Lennon and me at the same time, but that's the way I see it. 

I have known many people who have brought nonbelievers to Christ.  It is rarely, I guess never, from fear.  It is from Love, Kindness, Patience.  I do not pretend to know everything, or even much about anything, but I do believe Hate, Jokes about others, and Force, is not the way.

Thank you God for guiding me and showing me right from wrong.  Give me the patience to tolerate those I disagree with, and especially thank you for this beautiful world I live in.  Even if I don't get beyond my backyard or the Internet.

1 comment:

Miss_proper said...

I have never commented here before, in fact I only found you yesterday and have been reading up on your past posts.

This post made me want to comment because I agree with you. I will further say that many Christians do more to run off or turn off those that seek.

I always wonder how we would act if we had Jesus tattooed on our foreheads.

Christ had the right to be self righteous and He wasn't so why do we think WE have the right to be?

Just adding my two cents.