Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So What Do I Do With My Time???

Something I have not talked about, but something that takes up a great deal of my time is MONEY!!

Not mine.

Max's,  well OK mine too!

Max receives SSI money because he is profoundly disabled.  So because he has been found not able to manage his finances, I am in charge.  I a few years ago had to set up a checking account that Max can not get a hold of.  It is the Law when someone is found not able to handle his money.  So there is #1 checking account.  Out of this.............

I pay his rent.  Yes, because of his funding, we have to charge him rent but end up spending it on him through the month.  Then I send some money to his and my joint account. #2 checking account.   This is what he spends on his outings, food, and so on.  I over see this too.  His money from his work goes into this account. Because Max has no  concept of money and how it works, it is a constant battle with him not to overspend so his money lasts till the end of the month

Along with this, LL pays monthly bills from another account.  #3 checking account.  I spend on our household from a different account set up just for food, gas, and all other miscellaneous.  #4 checking account.

Along with the checking accounts, we have 2 savings.  One for long term.  and One for short term spending.

At the beginning of the month, I am juggling.  Not because there is not enough money, but what goes where!

I am bringing this up because sometimes I feel like an accountant. 

Oh, I forgot to mention that my sister Kris and I oversees Kathy's finances too.

I really have a love/hate relationship with money:(

No comments: