Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Monday, December 13, 2010

I Can See Russia From My House!

                                  I can see Russia from my house?  OK, not really, but because of our rains from the last few days, I can see Silver Creek from my house.  So after my doctor appointment this morning, I took the opportunity between showers to take a walk with my camera.
                                               
I have seen the creek burst over the banks, so the level it is right now is not that high, but boy is it rushing.



I was able to take a few shots around the neighborhood and my chickens before the drops started well......dropping.  So I have a few pictures to show you in the next few days.

If felt good to get out around the town.  Seriously love walking around the business and saying Hi to people I pass.  A lot of rain is predicted for the week.  I don't mind walking in the rain.  I am an Oregonian after all, but I just don't want Baby to get wet.  (My camera)

Now, about my doctor appointment.  Last week, I had my blood drawn so the doctor can check for cancer and make sure my liver etc.'s are working normally.  This doctor is my chemo doctor.  My surgeon tracks my healing and digestion.  My chemo doctor is the one to spot a recurrence.  Although they both over lap and are very thorough.  Well I got a clean bill of health.  Yippee!  We talked about my diet to help my "digestion" issues and he explained a bit further why some foods trigger my "issues"  So I am on the right track with the changes I have made and he wants me to keep a diary of my foods.  Well I must admit, leaving the doctor's office, LL and I breathed a sigh of relief and I definitely have a spring in my step.  So thank you God for one more good check up.

3 comments:

dreamer said...

Just popping out of lurkdom to say congrats on your positive news :),I enjoy reading your blog.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your good news!

(waving at you from up North, where if we stand on our tiptoes we can see not only Russia, but also Japan....and Silverton, lol) Happy Holidays!!

Lisa said...

Praise God for His faithfulness! I am so happy for you! I hope you keep that spring in your step! ;)