Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Salmon Bake

Went for a walk yesterday with Baby in my hand.  So I took a picture of the little red house around the corner from my place.  Doug and Kris also like this cute little home.  It is for sale.  Soon, LL and I will be putting our place up for sale.  We have a wonderful place, but now that the kids our grown, we really don't need 4 bedrooms, family room and a living room, 3 lots, swimming pool and so on and so on.  Finding a place for Max to live will be our greatest challenge when we sell, but finding my ideal new home won't be easy either. 

I am going to want a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath house with a large great room (the kitchen and living room together).  I will want a yard for my garden and hopefully chickens.  And ideally on the creek.  I know!  Picky girl I am.

On my walk I saw this little lady.
She was just 4 houses over from my house and I was hoping she would come over and visit my place, but she ran in the other direction.

Salmon, baked potato, and vegetable was on the menu last night.  Since we eat a lot of fish, I try to do something new with it.  I morphed a couple recipes together and added my own twist.  It was delicious, but I think it would be better doing it with white fish like tilapia or halibut.  Yes Kris, I am going to give the recipe along with pictures just to drive you crazy:)

I melted 2T butter and mixed it with 2T honey and 2T Dijon mustard.  Brushed it on all sides of the fish.  I let that sit while I chopped fresh bread crumbs finely, about 1/3C. Chopped finely 1/3C hazelnuts and 3T finely chopped fresh parsley.  Mixed it together.


I brushed the mustard mixture again on the fish and then breaded the fish.

I baked it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.  LL and I do not like our salmon pink but if you do, 15 minutes would be long enough.  It was delicious, but will try it next time on tilapia that I have in the freezer.

I am without a car today.  LL took the Focus and Bailey will be taking the van to work because last night, when driving to class, she had a tire blowout on her car.  Luckily she was not driving fast and she is OK.  But she needs to buy a new tire when LL and she gets off work today. 

So I am not eating this morning in case I need to walk around town to do errands.  If it is not too icy, I might ride my bike instead.  Maybe me not having a car during the day is a good thing.  Definitely am more active this way:)


5 comments:

Kuusou said...

The salmon sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Good luck on finding your new home. :)

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

As much as I love it here, sometimes I think it would be exciting to move - and start over. I hope you get your chickens! I also wish I could get over my fish phobia - I just can't bring myself to eat it for some reason.

Unknown said...

I like your creativity in the kitchen!

Rip City Podcast said...

your salon was DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS!

Rip City Podcast said...

oops not salon SALMON hahaha