Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Real Food, Making Ahead

Instead of working outside yesterday,(rained off and on), I decided I to do a cooking marathon to get some gluten free meals in the freezer.  When I am cooking something for myself that LL will eat, things go great.  But I am having a harder time keeping my food from getting contaminated when cooking a gluten free and gluten meal at the same time.  Using the wrong spoon to stir can cause contamination.  So I wanted several meals in the freezer when I am making something with bread, regular pasta, etc. for the rest of the family.

I found a pasta which has only one ingredient.  Brown rice.  And it tastes good.  Now I just have to remember which store I bought it.  Was it Whole Foods, Roths, or Lifesource.  When I find it again, I will buy many packages.

I made a Mac and Cheese that the only thickening is eggs, rather then flour.  We had this for dinner last night and I froze two large dinner portions for me to eat later.


After I got back from Kathy's meeting, I continued with my cooking.  I wanted to use up most of my vegetables before they go bad.  So I browned two free range, hormone free, fresh chicken breasts, diced.  Then put  in some of the chicken in a soup that had potatoes, sweet potato, carrots, celery, onion and mushrooms.  Sent a large serving for LL's lunch and froze two large portions for my meal.  At the same time, I used the rest of my veggies and made a stir-fry and put the rest of the chicken. Made some rice.  So now I have 6 meals of real food without gluten in my freezer.


I hope to make a habit of making an extra portion of gluten free meals to put in freezer so I always have something on hand.

No comments: