Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Health-Walking

Living with intention is easier said then done when it comes to my health. Right now I am a hostage inside my own body. Where I go is dependent on my digestion. (My way of saying I don't want to poop my pants) What I eat is also dictated by my bowels. My exercise is limited by scars, radiation fall out, nerve damage from chemotherapy, and here it is again....my bowels. But this doesn't mean I can't still do the best I can to take charge as much as I can.

Eventually I would like to take up biking. But as I don't own a bike, this will have to wait. I use to do aqua arobics which I really enjoyed but my digestion is still too unpredictable to be in a public pool. I have chronic tendonitis in both aquilles so most machines at a health club are not possible. But that leaves me with the exercise I love best anyway. WALKING!!!! It's cheap. I can take these two legs anywhere and do it anytime when my body allows it.

Ok with that decided, I need a goal. I tend to obsess over things so I don't want to go nuts here. Instead of planning on doing these competative walks and runs, I am going to choose to take part in some volkswalks. It's not a race and people can start anytime during the day of the event. (good for my "digestion") But gives me a reason to lace up my shoes and either get on the treadmill or get outside, which I prefer. So 1st assignment dear blog......keep me accountable for regular exercise. By the way, when I am more healed I would like to try a Yoga class. Anyway, I will let you know how my walk goes today,

No comments: