Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Eggselence

Tis the season! The chicken coop is renovated enough for the chickens to go back in it. The move must not affected them too much because in the last 24 hrs my three ladies gave me five eggs. Bless their little chicken hearts. I had just got a dozen on sale and my aunt gave me a few so I have eggs to use. The anemic looking eggs from the store, I am using for baking and deviled eggs for dinner and lunches tomorrow. The brown eggs from my aunt's chickens and mine have a darker yoke, are fresher and come from much happier birds then the overcrowded and inhumane big farms that most eggs come from. Hopefully LL will be done with the coop soon so I can show before and after pix.


Deviled eggs with dinner tonight.



Cupcakes made to look like nests and I put
yummy Jelly belly beans on top


Eggs my aunt gave me and 5 of my chickens.

1 comment:

the gardener's cottage said...

Hi KJ,

Thank you for commenting on my blog today. I just finished reading most of your posts and I am quite inspired by your honesty and strength. Living with intention is something I try to do each day.

We also have a few things in common. I'm Irish Catholic, have 3 sons, have known my husband since we were 17 and have been married now 30 years.

Take care and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

~janet