Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Small Stuff








These are pictures I took while on a walk near my house. There is an old saying that even a book was written about.....Don't sweat the small stuff. Those are good words to live by. But I am finding that enjoying some of the small stuff is also good words to live by. While in my shut-in life, being mostly housebound, I can't get a part-time job, plan a big vacation, or even go shopping when ever I want. Grocery shopping, doctor appointments, etc. take careful planning. So I am trying to enjoy the little things that take place through out my day.

I like looking at barns and sometimes taking pictures of them. I like spending time with my sisters, any one of the three. You can always be yourself when you are with your sister. At least I can without worrying about how stupid I sound or that something might be misunderstood. I also, and this one might seem strange, like packing lunches. I enjoy making my LL's lunch, my son's when he stays the night. There is something very satisfying about a loved one leaving the house with something delicious and good for them. I love being silly with my daughter, finding humor and giggling together. I like cooking and baking although I am not very good at it. I love reading cookbooks, taking a hot bath and drinking coffee with my LL.
Wouldn't life be so much easier, less conflict, less materialism, and so on if I and everyone would take the time and enjoy the small stuff, small moments, small celebrations. I wish my restart button (cancer) and my bowels weren't the reason I am enjoying the little things but I am glad that now I am.




No comments: