Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bento-ing away

Today I went and did some bargain shopping when it comes to the groceries and deals. I will blog about my savings later but I have to show you my great find. First things first. I will show you my LL's lunch from yesterday.
Egg salad sandwiches, salad and carrot sticks with
ranch dressing and BBQ chips and brownies I
made the day before. Kinda cute.................anyway to my real find. I have been looking on-line at bento materials, some made here and some you have to order from Japan. The cost is terrible. The shipping alone is ridiculous. Well today I went to do my really good deal grocery shopping but stopped at a couple other places. This is what I found.
Since my LL doesn't always bring containers back home I will not buy expensive Bento Box's for him. So at the dollar tree I found affordable containers, Whoo Hoo SHOUT OUT TO LAURA!! that I can pack his lunches in. Plastic toothpicks to skewer veggies (they are really cute) plastic pick forks both these come in packages with lots of colors. At Hi-School Pharmacy they have all Easter items 50% off so I bought a set of two flower containers for dips, egg cups that I will also use as dips, Letter cutters that come with playdough, I will use the cutters and give my great nephew's the dough, Egg hats that I will really embarrass LL with in his lunch :). And lastly, at thrift store I bought a used set of mini cookie cutters about 20 of them that also come with a rolling pin. I will use these to cut out cheese and veggies, two country looking baskets which I will store on my counter with bento cutters etc. I bought all this for a little more then $11.00. I think I did good and I will have a lot of fun packing LL's lunches in the mornings. To his shame:)

No comments: