Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My One Big Obsession

O.K. I lied. Not my one big obsession but my One Big Life Long Obsession. It is my fanatical admiration of my favorite entertainer...............ELTON JOHN. Anyone that knows me well knows this about me. Starting in 1980, (my brother saw him in 1975 but would not take me,) I have seen him 9 times. He typically performs for 3 to 3 1/2 hours without a break. He is a showman and I love him. Ok not in the way I love my God or my husband or children, or anyone else I love in my real life. But he is the one and only celebrity that I adore. I discovered him when I was 8 yrs old. I would sit in my bedroom with my turntable(it was red and white, all you 47 year old girls know what I'm talking about) and put the newest 45 record on and listen over and over. I had posters and magazines with anything featuring my Elton. Well this last Feb., shortly after my last surgery, I was still recovering, I went to see Elton and Billy Joel. First time to see them together. I didn't know this at the time but my brother had wanted to arrange for me to meet Elton backstage. He knows a man in charge of security. It was hairy that night and didn't happen. But my brother asked his friend to see if I could get an Autograph from Elton. Not only did I get an Autograph but he also wrote my name and Billy Joel also wrote Konnie and his autograph. You might not be able to make it out but here it is on a photo from the concert. By the way, my Elton is on Oprah tomorrow:)

No comments: