Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Friday, April 23, 2010

A Day Late, A Dollar Long

Earth Day got me thinking......I know I am a day late.

I am an American, and as an American I am very aware that we can be a wasteful nation. Don't get me wrong, I am including myself. I am also an Oregonian, and as an Oregonian, we tend to think of the environment often. Which means I am wasteful, but am trying always to do better. I try to compost, recycle, reuse, and when running errands, I try to go local whenever possible and consolidate my car trips. Now that I feel better and the weather is improving, I plan to walk to places when possible. This brings me to what I really want to talk about.

My favorite store reopened. In November there was a fire and it had to close. It opened up yesterday and I am so happy. The store is Goodwill. I love thrift stores. I generally hate shopping but I love finding good deals on items that still have some use in them. Since I lost a lot of weight with the cancer, I have been trying to find jeans that fit. I am a casual girl and seldom buy fancy dresses or suits. Who am I kidding. I have never bought a suit in my life. Anyway, I have a hard time finding pants that fit. I do not possess the lovely figure most women have. A small waist and round hips. No, think of a 13 yr old boy and that's pretty much how I am build. So when Goodwill reopened I just had to go and see if I could find some jeans. Well....................I didn't. But what I found was better. Cargo pants. They are perfect for someone like me. Larger in the waist, sometimes with a draw string and narrower in the hips. If its too baggy in the hips it doesn't matter because lots of people wear it that way. So I found two pair. One an old navy and I am not sure of the other.





I also found a couple sleeveless tops. Ones a little big but I am just wearing them at home for the most part.





The best part of the pants is that there is room for when my "digestion" starts up and I have to wear a diaper...........Ummm I mean Undergarment:) I love recycled clothes. I can afford new but why, if you can find it used and still have life in it. If you have never shopped thrift stores, try it you may like it.

No comments: