Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

No TV, Day 1

"American children and adolescents spend 22 to 28 hours per week viewing television, more than any other activity except sleeping. By the age of 70 they will have spent 7 to 10 years of their lives watching TV."-- The Kaiser Family Foundation
"You watch television to turn your brain off and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on."-- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computer and Pixar, in Macworld Magazine
Well it seemed like a good idea this morning.
Actually, I have been considering tuning out the TV for a while, and I think it will be easier on typical evenings. But today I went out to lunch for the first time since I started my diet the doctors put me on, and it did not go well. I have been very close to the bathroom all afternoon and evening. But with that said and yes, it really did need to be said:) had I been able to be mobile I probably would have went for a walk and cleaned the chicken coop. Both of those can happen tomorrow and I will be watching my diet more closely.
I did spend some time having lunch with LL and a friend from his work. I then watched my mom bowl a game. But after that I have been in bed (because it is closest room to bathroom) reading a book and surfing the Internet. Notice I did not watch t.v.. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier.

No comments: