Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday's Shopping

Saving serious money by couponing is an art. It is an art I have yet to develop. I have only been doing it for 3 weeks now and it takes time to stock up on coupons and staples. You need enough stored up so that you are almost only buying things on sale and with a coupon. So in theory, it will take at least 6 to 8 weeks to build up both. Sales tend to rotate every 6 weeks or so. So with that said, I am a little proud of my shopping today. I am getting some things stored up but today I did have to buy a few things not on sale because I needed them, i.e. foil, and cooking spray. Also I am putting on brunch Sunday for Easter and needed a few things I wouldn't normally buy, i.e. Whipped cream and soda. So with that said, I bought $136.63 today at Safeway. With sales, club card and coupons I payed a grand total of $69.36. That is 49% savings. I was able to stalk up on frozen and canned vegetables. Hopefully a few more weeks of saving up I will be at 60% savings. Well we'll see.
Down below is dessert from my savings. Angel food cake on sale for $2.50, used a coupon so got the cake for $1.49, 8oz cool whip for $0.99 and pudding mix $0.99. So the cake cost $3.47 plus a little more for a little milk. Not bad. Low fat and yummy.

Angel food cake with chocolate whipped frosting

No comments: