Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

No TV-Day 11, 12 and 13


Not watching TV is a very different existence for me. During the day, my house is quiet unless I put music on. I putt around the house with less distractions. It is a very peaceful environment. While in the house, I can hear if it is raining, my wind chimes clinking, the neighbors calling their dogs. I have found myself going in and out doing a few things outside and then coming in to work for a while. Usually, with TV as part of my life, I would go outside and feel I would have to get it all done at once so I could get back in at a certain time to watch that mindless show.
I guess what I am saying is the rhythm of my day has changed and I like it. I have had a rough time lately with my diet and digestion so being home more is definitely in my future. But I have no doubt I will make my 30 days. It is just a peaceful, quiet life during the day. The evenings and weekends are another story. I am either in the room reading while others are watching TV, or reading in my room where it is quiet. Sometimes I can get them to do something with me, but the weather has been iffy, so fishing, gardening and sitting outside visiting, has to wait. Boy I hope summer comes early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someday, I will do this. Maybe over the summer when my MUST SEE shows are on hiatus. I like to have it on while I'm cooking and cleaning as some background noise, but music would work for that just as well ...