Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Who Is Konnie?

Really examining who I am as a person can be frustrating. When you are a person that doesn't ever quite fit in, but have spent a better part of your life trying to, it is hard to know exactly what you truly think, enjoy, believe in, or if you are influenced by what society, church, neighbors, family and friends say you should think, enjoy, and believe in.



On this road to intentional living, I am finding that in order to be truly successful in this endeavor, I need to really discover who I really am and who God really wants me to be. Over the years, while trying to but never quite succeeding at fitting in, I have been described as odd, eclectic, eccentric, liberal, moderate, christian, too worldly, "she marches to a different drummer", unusual, and so on. These all while I have been trying to fit in. Can you imagine, if I really start following my heart, what I will be called. Well so be it. Actually, I kind of like the eclectic and she marches to a different drummer labels. But anyway, there are a few things I know for sure about myself and a few things I have yet to discover.




I am a Christ follower. I love Jesus and the example he has set for me on how to live my life.

I am a die hard Democrat. Yes you can be a christian and Democrat at the same time, no matter what some friends have said at my old church.

I am a tree hugger, even more so since my cancer. I don't like chemicals in my food, I don't like to breathe it and clean with it. I need to do better at living an organic life, which is a goal I will be working on in the years to come. I don't compost enough, and buy way to much processed and plastic covered materials. But I do try to improve everyday.

I am a peacenik. I believe in peace, I believe wars are fought for the most part for big oil, NeoCons, who hide behind the flag and brain wash people into believing that a "true" American can't also be an peace loving Activist. Notice I did say for the most part. Almost nothing in this world is absolute.

I love simple living. I have in the past, been brainwashed by consumerism, but basically I have simple tastes and I enjoy a simple slow pace in life.

I love cargo pants and long sun dresses, even when they are out of style..........Who Cares!

I would rather be outside working then inside, this comes straight from my mothers genes.

I love Elton John and Steven Curtis Chapman. Talk about eclectic.

And above all else except God, I love my family. My husband, children, mother, siblings, nieces and nephews, in-laws and good friends.



So these are the things that I know for sure. There is much I don't know and slowly but surely will find out about myself.

I am tired of trying to fit in. Tired of worrying about being labeled odd, or a radical. God has put some principles in my heart that I have had since I was a child, my mom and siblings could attest to this. So I am choosing to embrace what I know to be true about myself. If it makes me eccentric and odd. So be it.



You might notice I put back up my peace background. It is my favorite and I will probably keep it for a while. I can't wait until I can afford the nikon camera I have been wanting, so tomorrow I will be picking up a cheap digital that's on sale at Sears. So new pictures soon. Whoo Hoo!

1 comment:

Grace said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, and I will share some of the things I'm doing from the book soon. I've bookmarked your blog and will read it more later (not at a good internet connection right now).