Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

No TV-Days 16,17,18, and 19

It's funny how our lives can revolve around what is on the boob tube. I think the DVR system has made people less needing to live on a television schedule, but still I hear so much of things like, "got to be home by 8:00 for .................fill in the blank. If you are a sports fan, this is even more likely. This isn't really judging on my part because I have done it too. Just an observation. For me, I am quite getting use to life without TV. As an unintended bi-product of my experiment, my family is watching a lot less and I am finding we talk more and have been more active as a whole.

Even with being an involuntary hermit (that's what I decided to call myself), I can find lots to do to occupy my day. I feel more productive and have lots of peace and quiet to contemplate and listen to Gods leadings and to discovery who I really am. I do find myself talking a lot to the animals, although Rufus and I are not on speaking terms right now. (refer to post below). It is much easier to work towards living intentionally when your mind and time is not taken up by a loud passive activity like TV watching.

I hope to the few who read this, you might be inspired to "tune out" for a day, week or perhaps a month like me. If for no other reason, just to prove to yourself you can. And I bet you will find your frantic pace changing and your mind finding relief.

Well I am about to start my last third of this experiment. I don't expect to be rushing to the TV on day 31 to watch what ever. I will make a plan, being mindful of what really is worth my time and of value to watch.

No comments: