Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Take THAT!! You Oil Men


The week after our house burned down 6 years ago, (our vehicles burned too) we bought a used mini-van. As I was still driving kids and their friends around, it seemed like a smart choice at the time.

Since we bought our second car and LL sold his truck, he has been driving the van to work everyday. About 25 minutes away.

A year and a half ago, we decided to get a new car. One that had a good warranty so my LL would not have to work on it, and one that got great gas mileage. I wanted a hybrid but we couldn't see spending that kind of money and having high car payments. So we bought a Ford Focus. There are no power locks or power windows. Just the basics Ma'am. We love it. It is a great car.
Well we made a decision recently to switch vehicles. LL has to drive to work and the Focus gets much better gas mileage. I don't go anywhere often and when I do, it is mainly within 5 miles. So Take That!! you oil men.
Recently, mainly because of my health, I have been researching chemicals, air, what is happening to the environment, etc. So we are taking further steps to living a more sustainably responsible life. In doing this, I have decided to try to cut my driving even more. This may sound easy but remember, my digestion will make walking iffy sometimes, and Oregon is wet, a lot, so I need to get use to being wet, a lot.
I don't have a picture of me walking, so here is Bailey, Boyfriend, and Beau. The 3 B's.
But instead of walking, because when getting into digestion troubles and not being able to get home fast, I decided my first mode of transportation will be my bicycle. LL put a nice big basket on the back this weekend. I should be able to carry a gallon of milk and a sack of groceries in it. So...........................TAKE THAT!! You oil men.
My goal is 3 out of 4 in town errand trips will be walking or on bike. Saving the 1 out of 4 trip for getting big things like chicken feed. Well, we'll see how I do. BTW, Love this song, Brand New Key.




No comments: