Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Simple Gifts

In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
Psalm 71:1

So often I question God. I sometimes think I am constantly being tested, and I come up lacking in faith and devotion. My life has not been without trials. Some I have (at least in my estimation) handled with grace. Some I have not handled well at all.

With my involuntary hermitage life, on rough days, I am often lonely during the day. On weekends and evenings I go from loneliness to frustration. There are many times my LL and family want to do things. Go to movies, restaurants, my son's shows, meetings, church and shopping. I try to encourage them to go without me. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. When I start feeling sorry for myself and question God, I look at my life and recognize how very lucky I am. Particular incidences and trials make life complicated, but my day to day life is beautifully simple.

Most of the things I enjoy now are things people did 50 yrs ago.

Baking, gardening, and cooking.

Visiting family. Well in this particular picture I don't look like I am having much fun, but I am sitting next to my bro David. So no wonder:)

Spending time outside. I can't get enough of being outside. Fishing, walking, picnicking, and biking. When my body allows me to, you will always find me outside.

Taking the time to remember loved ones gone.

By taking a bouquet to their grave to honor them.
God has allowed me, somewhat by force, to have a slow and simple life. So I am trusting in Him, and I thank Him for my day to day blessings.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In every way acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.
Proverbs 3:5 and 6

No comments: