Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Happy Birthday America!!

I woke up Sunday with blue skies and a hot air balloon outside my bedroom french door



My family got together at my sister's for brunch

Yum! The food was good. Kris cooks much better than I so I always enjoy her brunches. As you can tell.

Then we walked to another sister's house to watch the parade.

Fourth of July parade has to have a tank. I don't know why, it just does.
And an old car
And fun floats. This is my relatives. Purdy Farms.
Everyone came over and had a barbecue at my house.



My brother and Sis-in-law Carolyn came later. I snuck a picture of Carolyn. For some reason I never get pictures of her. Sneaky avoider that she is.

The day turned cool but the pool and hot tub did get some use.
Now for my confession. I wasn't going to have anything at my house but decided to keep it really casual and everyone really help themselves rather than me being the hostess with the mostess. Well as everyone was helping with clean up. I laid down because I was in pain. After everyone left. LL looked and I busted my incision and lets just say stuff was coming out of me. So we canceled going to see fireworks, he called and talked to the surgical nurse. Apparently I really overdid it with getting up, climbing stairs, bending down, etc. So for the next few days I have to take it really easy (I thought I already was) and let myself heal. I might have to go see the doctor Tuesday or Wednesday. Anyway, I don't seem to learn these lessons very well. So back to a lady of leisure.
I have another post coming really soon, (maybe even today) about a freak pest infestation we had to deal with at the barbecue. Make sure you check back for that post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful site, so glad a little bird told me about it! Great to see some of my relatives, you are really looking well. Yes you did overdue it, sometimes it is best to let things come to you and let others bear the burden, the most important thing is for you to stay well and I am sure all others feel the same way. Hope you have a complete recovery, and know via friends and relatives we have been keeping up with you and saying prayers.