Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Monday, September 20, 2010

A Belated Thank you

I had every intention of writing a big long post about this past weekend.  Lots of pictures taken, despite the rain.  And I will post all about the Oktoberfest but in smaller posts.  I got a lot of pictures of the dances, Aunts and Uncles, cousins, friends.  But this morning I woke up with a humdinger of a cold I caught from Max.  So I will take my time with the posts the next few days. 

I did want to acknowledge and give a big thank you to God though.  I catch colds very easily, but last year, while going through about 8 months of chemo, this is during all the flu scare, I couldn't get flu shots during treatments and was nervous about getting sick.  Well I never even got a sniffle.  After treatments were over, I did get a bad cold last January and had a surgery postponed, but when it would have been very dangerous for me to catch a cold or flu, God protected me. 

So now my throat hurts, my chest and head hurt and I have a cough and runny nose, but that's OK.  I am treating it with Zicam and trying to not get too bad, I have a special weekend planned for my mom's 80th birthday.  But today I will write my posts about Oktoberfest in small doses and just be thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?