Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Mama Don't Take My Kodachrome Away!!

Mornings like this morning, I am so happy to have relief from my "digestion"  I was up early, made LL's lunch, emptied dishwasher, cleaned kitchen, started 2 loads of laundry, and made beef stew and put it in the crock pot all before 7:00am. 
I wanted to get my responsibilities done so I could go out and play with Baby, my new camera.  After taking care of the chickens, dogs, Max, and showering and primping.  OK I don't primp but I do brush my teeth.  I was out and about by 9:00.  Put gas in the car,  took a couple mural pictures with my new camera, which you will see in a future post, and made my way to Mt. Angel. 

Stopped at Mom's for a little while and then I was a woman on a mission.  To try out my Baby.

No this is not a professional photo, I just took this of St. Mary's church a few hours ago.

Made my way up the Abbey Hill.

Look how clear and vibrant this picture is.

This is the new bell tower at the abbey.  I like the angle I chose for this picture.

This is the church up at the Abbey.  I then saw that the weather was changing, and I wanted to take pictures at the Oregon Gardens, so I could show you the difference between my point and shoot camera and my new Nikon.

Point and Shoot

Nikon


Point and Shoot

Nikon

Point and Shoot

Nikon

Point and shoot

Nikon

The rain came fast while I was at the Gardens, and I did not want my new camera to get wet.  So I went home and.......

Started bread to go with tonight's stew.

All this before 12:00 noon. 

Love it when my "digestion" allows me such a fabulous morning!!

By the way, this is how new I am at this.  I forgot to mark my photos with the copyright:(

On a down note.  My son Kane, found out yesterday that he has been laid off.  And if the business he has been working for doesn't turn around and do better, he is without a job.  So he is here with me now, working on his resume'

2 comments:

angela said...

wow the difference in the photos are amazing. I hope you son get a new job soon. Nothing worse that not knowing what is going to happen.

Konnie said...

Thanks Angela. He is a hard worker so hopefully he will not be unemployed too long.