Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why So Early?

As my dear LL promised.  Grocery shopping was done and done pretty well.  A couple things forgotten, but Bailey ran right back to store and picked those things up.  LL started work at 3:00 in the morning yesterday, walked in with the groceries about 5:30 in evening and turned around and had to go right back to work unexpectedly.  Don't know what time he got home last night, but it was after I went to bed.  Days like yesterday, well I just don't know how he does it.

So why am I up and writing so early?  I have been up well over an hour already.  Trying to get some things done without waking LL or Bailey.  The last two days have been bad to say the least when it comes to my "issues".  I don't know why my body decides to have a bad spell right when I am trying to get ready for the holiday.  I may need to reconsider hosting holidays in the future.  When things are going well, I love doing it, but the pressure to get something done when things are bad......well more than a little aggravating.  So I am up, loaded the dishwasher and it is running, drying some clothes, folding towels, and when I feel it is OK to make noise, I will be throwing together a side dish and my spinach dip.  Those actually are better made a head. 

My brother has the day off and offered to help, so I will have him running around to pick up chairs at my sisters houses, help me move furniture around and set up additional tables.  It will all get done.  It always does, but I am just not able to be as organized this year.  My family enjoys just getting together, no one really cares if the turkey is a little dry, gravy a little lumpy, floors not scrubbed, so what gets done will be good enough. 

I haven't prepared a Mural post for tomorrow.  Whether I post pictures tomorrow night of our Thanksgiving will depend on how late everyone stays.  Hopefully card games and snacks will keep people here having a good time.  I hope you all have a good time this holiday, and may God keep everyone safe in their travels.

1 comment:

Cate said...

Hope that you are feeling a lot better Konnie, and are able to enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving with your family.