Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"I'm So Excited!"

What a dork I am.  Being home bound in my involuntary hermitage obviously is affecting, effecting?? my filter.  Because of my horrible last two days, the blessing afterwards is a day of knowing there is relief.  My sister last night called and said she was going to Salem today if I wanted to go too.  I wasn't sure how my "digestion" would be the next day, so I said maybe.  Well I knew the fallout from the weekend was finally over by this morning and thought, if I didn't eat breakfast, I would be "normal" for a few hours.........and I was.

Kris, Mom and I went first to Target.  I got the practical gifts for the kids.  You know, the socks and underwear.  We stopped at another store where I bought my brother's gift for Max to give him.  Then we went to Costco.  I have been needing to do a Costco run for weeks.  We have been needing the earth friendly laundry soap, toilet paper, Depends undergarments (I call them diapers)  cottonelle wipes, etc.  I have been getting small amounts of these items at other stores and paying far too much I might add.  I also picked up a Kitchen aid dish strainer that I had a $5 coupon off.  It's Red!  Afterwards, we stop to have lunch at McGraths and I made a good choice for lunch that hopefully would not hurt my "digestion".  So I was feeling good.  Lunch was nice and I always enjoy spending time with Kris and Mom.  So we head for home.  As we drive into my driveway  I announce "Oh I am so excited".  Kris asks "About what?"  Did I say that out loud?  How embarrassing!   Uhhh........."about the stuff I got"  I say.  Well I can imagine the look Kris gave Mom.

Have I lost all sense of normalcy?  A trip to Costco is becoming an event.  I did feel a little vindicated when Kris used my bathroom and there was no tissue or wipes to be had and I had to throw her a roll from our Costco run.  Sorry Kris.  I am sure people assume you use the bathroom:)  See!  I have no filter.

No comments: