Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

M.I.A.

Over the last few days, I have been missing in action when it comes to my blog.  It isn't that I didn't want to blog, it's that I didn't want to be on the computer at all.  Over the last few days, I put away most of the Christmas decorations, dealt with "digestion" problems, researched my "issues" and diet further, and had a fun day on Monday.  Monday, LL, Max, Bailey, Rett, and I went to Portland.  We went to Pittock Mansion, Powell's Book Store and out to eat.  I have truly found heaven on earth.  It is amazing how all my life, I have never been to the downtown Powell's Book Store.  At one time, I don't know if it still is, it was the worlds largest book store.  It is the size of a city block and several stories high.  You need a map when browsing the store.  Max and I felt like it was the most magical place.  We love book stores, and this is the grand daddy of them all.  I ended up buying two normally very expensive vegetarian cookbooks.  They were used but like new and I got them for $13.00 total.  SCORED!!! 

To rewind back to Christmas day.  I took a lot of pictures before dinner, not so much after because..........well you know.  So I have chose some pictures randomly of the family. 
This is Kris's kids.  Kara, Kyle, and Kelli

I took some single pictures of the three of them.  Here's Kara

Bailey and Grandma Evelyn

Max and his Godparents, Karen and David

Bailey and Rett

Here we are waiting to do the gift exchange.  Notice I brought Beau to my sis's house and he wore the antlers most of the day.  What a good boy.  Todie also wore her dress all day.  Strange dogs aren't they?  After that, well I really had "issues" so my celebrating was done.

Today, I am going to Mom's to help put some decorations away.  I am going to try a new recipe from my new cookbook for dinner.  Lentil Roast.  It's like a vegetarian meatloaf.  It looks good.  We'll see.  If not, the chickens will love it I am sure.

No comments: