Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dodge Ball

I was able to go out this morning.  Kris, Kara and I went to Gervais to watch a dodge ball tournament.  It is a fund raiser for a children's hospital in Portland.  LL, Kris's husband Steve, Bailey and my nephew Rodney were on a team.  The team's name was The Plungers. 
LL gave it a good go and was one of the last standing for a couple games.

The other teams were gunning for Steve.  I guess they though he was the ringer.  Little did they know, with his back pain, he was lucky to be playing at all.

While I was there, Bailey played for only a few seconds.  But I missed the last round and am told she played more and was the last one standing for the last game.

The Plungers minus Bailey

Well I can't say their team did well, but they had a lot of fun and it was fun watching them.

Kris and I left early.  Neither one of us were up to waiting around for the last game.
I got home and was able to get a few things done before my "issues" started up.  I may likely be down for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow is a big day.  Not only is it Super Bowl Sunday, but it is also Max's 23rd Birthday.  His Godparents, Karen and David are hosting a birthday party for him before the game starts.  I am hoping all goes well for me physically, at least for Max's part of the party.  Should be a lot of fun:)

No comments: