Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Favorite Things

I spent a little time this morning reading web sites on how to have a successful blog.  One thing that kept popping up time and again is that no matter what kind of blog you have, political, decorating, food, photography, religious etc., you have to personalize the blog.  It is recommended the blogger is to share personal likes, dislikes, and opinions on matters.  Well, since this whole blog is of a personal nature, I think I have already answered most of the listed questions on various posts.  When I look at some of the questions, I feel like if answering them, I am enrolling in a dating service.  But I might give it a go.

Favorite color-Blue

Favorite food-Well that depends, sweets would take me to a good truffle or a yummy glazed donut.  But if I am going out with LL somewhere special for dinner, my first choice would always be lobster.

Favorite music-Genre would be Rock/Pop, but favorite song would be Burn Down The Mission by my Elton.

Religion-Raised Catholic, lots of Quaker influences.  I guess I consider myself a Christ Follower.

Politics-I belong to one Party, but don't fall into a strict line of thinking.  I consider myself a populist.

Marital status-Married to my high school sweetheart for 26 years.

Favorite movie-Doctor Zhivago

Favorite TV show-Northern Exposure

Dog or Cat person-Dog, but really like any sort of animal except mice and snakes.

Favorite book-Jane Eyre  Although I love reading Walden

Favorite quote-I would love to come up with a very meaningful quote by Mother Teresa or Gandhi but the only quote that comes to mind is from Steel Magnolias "Do you have a reindeer up your butt". 

Favorite Flower-roses, tulips and lilacs.  I can't pick one

Hobbies-Photography

What makes you the happiest-Spending time with my family.  All my family.

What makes you the angriest-Injustice to the most vulnerable. 

There are many more questions, but some are really too personal like Have you ever tried pot-I would answer yes to a pot of stew, a pot of corned beef and cabbage but if they are talking about marijuana, I plead the fifth:)

The questions above are just a sample of the long list.  So many of the questions do not really ask things I have already shared on my blog.  Like I love polka dots and Tye-dye, I care very much about the environment, I love my animals and wish I could have more.  The most important thing in my life is my relationship with God although I do not blog enough about this.  The second most important thing in my life is my family.  Always has been, but since my cancer, I do not take for granted any time I can spend with LL, kids, Mom, Siblings, nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins.  When I am physically unable to meet with family, that makes me the saddest.  I am very pro-life, but not just when baby is in womb, but what happens after birth; hunger, health care, education, anti-death penalty, equal rights for everyone.  And I do mean EVERYONE.  I believe in the separation of Church and State.  I would rather be outside doing something then doing anything in the house.  I believe Elvis is dead, Elton is the greatest, and that I really don't care if Big Foot exists or not.  I do believe even though some think it is unrealistic, to quote John Lennon, "Love is all you need!"  My favorite Beatle is George although I think John was the smartest and Paul was the most talented (sorry Ringo).  I believe the best man-made thing on earth is music and I can't live without it.  I miss my dad everyday and will mourn him until I die.  I am so thankful to be alive and don't sweat over little things like I use to and have far more patience with people I disagree with even though I still think they are idiots.  Just kidding.

So I think that about covers things.  I think for anyone who has been reading my blog for a while, nothing new here, but for someone fairly new, this post will save you some time.

Oh forgot to mention four other important things.  I am my sister Kathy's guardian, also my son Max's guardian.  Two exraordinary people who happen to have special needs.  And I HATE shaving and wearing a bra.  Now I think I covered everything.:)

No comments: