Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day

What a wonderful way to celebrate a man's life.  But who was St. Valentine.  Know one really knows.  He was a Roman priest who was martyred.  That is about it.  When looking him up on the Internet, I was looking forward to finding out about this Saint.  But unlike my favorite saint, little is known about Valentine.  Who is my favorite saint?  St. Francis.  I love him.  He was so human, with such a human background.  If he was alive today, doctors would put him on medication because he would be seen as a nut case.  I find him wonderful.  If ever I want to be inspired, I read about St. Francis.  I also read about someone I hope will become a saint in my lifetime.  Mother Teresa.  Both these people gave up everything to follow God.  They both served and dared to be seen as eccentric.  I pray one day to have even a moment of their bravery.  So Happy Valentine's day, what ever that really means, but wouldn't it be wonderful to have a huge holiday to honor Francis and Teresa.  Maybe someday.

No comments: