Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Portlandia

A show I have enjoyed over the last four weeks has been the IFC series, Portlandia.  It is a very short series of 6 episodes, giving an endearing or mocking, depending on how you look at it, view of Portlanders.  If a person is watching it outside of the Northwest, I am not sure how funny they would find the show, but for an Oregonian, I think it is hilarious because I get it.  I have seen someone just like every character you will find in the show.  I am a few characters to my chagrin.  But it is tongue and cheek and I mind the making fun of us very sweet and endearing.  I know.  I might be in denial, but I will enjoy this quirky and I must say very real depiction of the wide variety of people you will find when visiting the city of roses. 

Here is a clip to go and see the first scene of the series that is more music video than a scene.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/205428/portlandia-i-dream-of-the-90s

No comments: