Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ya da Ya da Ya da............

Haven't blog much this week.  It was rough.  But, today is the 2 year anniversary of being diagnosed with cancer.  I got up this morning feeling pretty good and after a rough week, I was looking forward to going to the Wurstfest in Mt. Angel.  I made it.  My sister Kris and her husband Steve met us there.  As soon as I walked in, I saw my cousin Molly, her boyfriend, brother and his wife.  Her daughter showed up later.  Molly has such a fun spirit and I love visiting with her.  I built up my courage enough to ask her a couple questions about Curt, who passed away from the same cancer I am recovering from.  I would love to ask her tons more about how he dealt with many of the same issues I deal with.  But the setting wasn't right and I would love to sit one-on-one with her to ask the real personal stuff.

I didn't eat, although some of the sausages looked yummy.  I did have a couple beers, which I hadn't had in a while.  Don't know if that was the cause or just a continuation of my horrible week, but I barely made it to mom's house for a "session".  I then made it home, but while taking care of the chickens, well lets just say, I am glad I had a diaper on.  Had 2 more accidents since then so I am not sure how much fun I will be in Seaside the next few days.  I will be taking my laptop and camera so I hope there is wi-fi.  Seaside is one of the most touristy spots on the Oregon coast, but it is fun. 

I am writing a post to publish tomorrow since I am not sure what time we are leaving.  Have a great weekend.

No comments: