Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gardenspiration

A nice day yesterday.  After running around on scooter doing errands, I rode my scooter to the Oregon Gardens as soon as they opened.
My scooter looks a little dwarfed.

The sky was blue and the flowering trees were the stars for the day.


Magnolias




These two lovely ducks were having a nice swim.  Nosey and not too smart me, should of just took a wide shot and cropped it.  But I wanted to just sit and watch and snap close pictures.  So I took two steps towards the pond and...............

Away they flew

I decided to check out the vegetable garden area to see what stage of preparation they were at on the raised beds.

Looks pretty much like my raised beds. 
But I did notice they had spread out material for the walk way.

I love the idea of using filbert shells (hazelnuts) instead of gravel, or some other material.

After I spent about an hour at the Gardens, I ran a couple more errands, went home and worked around there.

I then went to see how Mom was doing after her eye appointment.  She seemed to be doing well.

I am about to leave to go back to Mom's for the morning.  Have a great day.

No comments: