Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Seed, Starters, Chooks, Oh My

Yesterday, I ended up taking my brother to the doctor because of pain and sickness.  Afterwards, he improved throughout the afternoon and evening so I slept at home last night.  Feeling rested and ready for what ever the days holds.  I do need to get moving.  I need to do Max's banking, get over to Mom's house and help David get ready for doctor appointment.  Take him to appointment and hope today is a turning point for David and that he will be feeling much better.

When I was home yesterday, I put in a couple types of lettuce and spinach.  Normally use nice little starter trays, but I didn't have a lot of time and remembered last year, Aunt Leone spilled lettuce seeds, scooped them up, threw them in a tray, covered with soil and forgot about them.  She gave me that tray of lettuce and they did much better than the lettuce starters I bought from the store.  So I basically did the same.  Did a tray of Butter crunch, a tray of mixed bowl, and a tray of spinach


My strawberry plants are doing really well and want to get them in the ground this weekend if I can.


My girls coop is sure muddy and they want out, but I haven't let them free range all week because I like to be home.  So after David's appointment, if he is doing well, I will be home for the afternoon and let the girls out.  Hope to blog again later today.

No comments: