Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trying always to catch up

Why do I fight my nature.  I know, no matter how I try to be balanced, I guess I am an unbalanced person.  I try to make a point of keeping up on housework.  Wishfull thinking.  I try to daily corespond on e-mail, Face book and blogs.  Not so much.  I try to keep up on politics and the days news.  But too often can't stand it. 

The only constant lately has been health, my diet and family.  Really, I know that probably is an ok thing.  I have not on purpose poluted my body with gluten.  That is a huge deal.  I, although not always successful, have been eating no processed, whole foods for the most part.  And when it comes to certain family appointments or activities, I have made sure my eating has not got in the way. 

But I am doing catch up on everything else.  I go on FB and find that I have a new niece I did not know was coming, and I find out world happenings a day late.  If I put it into perspective.  50, 20, or even 10 years ago, we did not have FB, the e-mail was not so prevalent.  No texting, very little 24 hour news.  But because that is the here and now, I feel left behind.  A day short.  Always missing a beat.  Am I the only one that feels this way? 

No comments: