Living an involuntary hermit's life. Working towards living a healthier, gluten-free, hopefully cancer free life with my 2 dogs, 3 chickens and loving family.



Living with intention

When stumbling through life isn't good enough anymore..... decide to be yourself and enjoy life, and pay attention to Gods gifts all around.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tempting Fate

Monday, as I wrote my week plans, I wrote something even at the time I thought, "boy, am I tempting fate".  I said I had no siblings with tests or hospital stays (I hope).

Yesterday, about 5:30 am, I get a call saying my brother is in the emergency room in Portland.  He had surgery about a month ago and was having some complications.  So after a little bit of debating what I should do, I got in the car, picked up Kris, and made my way up north.  He spent the morning in the hospital and then made his way down to see his surgeon.  He is home now recuperating and needs to take it easy and do nothing for a while.  Well telling David to do nothing is sort of like telling a bowl of Jello not to wiggle while you are carrying it. 

Anyway, hopefully he is now on the mend.  I will be available if he needs me to come over to help, but otherwise, my house is a sty right now and I need to bring back some sort of order in my house.  Have a great Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahaha... Love David being compared to Jello, perfect description of him..... love ya Karen

angela said...

I hope he gets better soon. I am on the laptop and I can access your blog on this. I dont know why I cant on the home comp. Will have to have a play with it and see if I can. I can read it on blogger but I cannot comment. Just know I do keep up with you.